Exchange 2016 POP Setup
How to Configure Secure POP with TLS Encryption on Exchange 2016
This purpose of following documentation is to provide end users complete configuration steps in sending and receiving messages securely. This same document will also apply to users setting up FAX machines or SCANNER/PRINTERS that send documents as email.
For this we suggest you add a dedicated mailbox just for these devices.
- From Outlook, add a new account, and select “manual setup”
2. Select POP or IMAP
3. Enter in the mailbox details.
Your name: Your name
Email Address: Your full email address
Account Type: POP
Incoming Mail Server: mail.canadawidehostingservices.ca
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): mail.canadawidehostingservices.ca
User Name: Your full email address
Password: Your mailbox password
4. Select More Settings
5. Go to the “Outgoing Server” tab and make sure “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is CHECKED. Make sure “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” is also selected.
6. Choose the “Advanced” tab to enter in the secure IMAP ports.
Incoming server (IMAP) will stay on default 143. Make sure you select “TLS”
Outgoing server (SMTP) must be manually changed to 587 and the TLS dropdown box is on TLS. Press OK to save changes.
7. Test the connection settings by selecting next. You will see Outlook connect to the server with the settings you entered.